Arun is Bringing You...Your Daily Remedy

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Havier Balderama and my first Football Game

Ok, so Havier Balderama and the game are completely unrelated, but they both showed up this weekend so I felt compelled to merge them into one solid post instead of two mediocre ones.

Interestingly, I was just recently have a conversation with Aaron and Darren about how our weekends were in danger of becoming too routine. Well the last two weekends have been anything but routine. It all started Thursday with the Nolte Holiday party. I was invited as my friend Vanessa's date. Free dinner and entertainment is tough for me to turn down. The party was pretty fun, especially seeing a bunch of drunk managers attempt to shuffle to Hip Hop.

The highlight though was this game similar to musical chairs where all of the managers were told to run into the crowd and find the item called out but the host and run back to the chairs up front (a chair is pulled each time so the last person back gets eliminated). I definitely donated almost everything I was wearing to one of the managers throughout the game. His wife bought me a drink afterward.

The craziest part though was when they were asked to find a contraceptive. Interestingly, every wife was prepared and whipped out various forms of protection from their purses. YEESH!!! I didn't realize that older couples always come prepared to go at it at any time!

Then, Friday I went to a South American party with Vanessa and Aaron. These Columbians are freakin riots! First they're all really fun (and pretty darn cute too). But, none of them could pronounce my last name. Thus was born Havier Balderaaaaaama! Yes, he is my Columbian alias. Though I can't really describe it in writing, the genesis of my alter ego was gut busting hilarious. These crazy columbians made me, Aaron, and Vanessa cry from laughter.

But the weekend was just beginning! Sunday, we had tickets to the Broncos-Chargers game, my first NFL game. Me being true to my team, rocked my Chiefs Priest Holmes jersey to the game.

We got to the game early to explore the stadium, watch the team do funny warmups, and to make sure we wouldn't have to fight for our seats. See, about a month or so ago, Aaron's car got broken into and our tickets stolen! Luckily he was able to get them reprinted and the others cancelled but we wanted to come early just in case.

Good Thing.

Low and behold, just before the game starts, somebody comes with tickets telling that we are in his seats. No way buddy. Aaron tells him that the tickets he's got were stolen and questions where he got them.

"Uuuuhhhh, my cousin just gave em to me..."

Yea right buddy, how about I give you a little gift of my own?

Meanwhile Darren and I and giving him the stare down. If anything had gone down, there's no doubt that this guy and his posse would've gone down! Well he got the hell out of there when he knew that he wasn't sitting down. Problem solved.

So back to the game, let me tell you, NFL players are freakin massive! I mean you really appreciate how big they are in person. I'm no little guy at 6'2, 200lbs, but the guys my height are like 250lbs. There's no doubt in my mind that if I was on that field for five minutes, I would return broken.

It just so happened our seats were next to the endzone were all of the scoring took place! LT's record tieing and record breaking touchdowns took place about 40 feet from me. Next week I'm going to my second football game ever when my CHIEFS come to SD to bring the Chargers back to earth! On another note, Qualcomm stadium is definitely loud...and a bitch to get out of.

Yes, life is definitely NOT routine, and I've got a feeling more adventures are on the horizon.

No comments: