Arun is Bringing You...Your Daily Remedy

Friday, May 4, 2007

The Adam Carolla Show


Every morning between the hours of 6am (The precise time on which my alarm goes off) and 10am (by which point I am solidly into my second cup of coffee and my first snack at work)I listen to a radio show broadcast here on the west coast called, "The Adam Carolla Show."

As you may have guessed, the star of the show is Adam Carolla. To refresh your memory, Adam has starred on such hits as MTV's "Loveline," and "Crankyankers," as well as "The Man Show." His cohosts are Danny Bonaduce (Partridge Family and Breaking Bonaduce) and Teresa Strasser (HGTV's "While you were out," award winning journalist, and hottie in general.)

Recently, I got the chance to watch the crew in action during a live broadcast.

I first started listening to this show when I moved to San Diego. It's intention was actually to be a replacement for the "Howard Stern Show" (which and whom I can't stand). At first, when I woke up in the morning hearing this Adam Carolla guy complain about everything under the sun from Left-turn arrows at traffic lights, to "Blowhards" like Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump, I was thoroughly annoyed.

Where's my morning music? How about some tunes to start the day? For some reason though, I couldn't bring myself to change the station. Slowly this man of infinite complaints and rants was growing on me!

In fact, his excessive ranting may have even influenced some of my own previous rants that I've posted!

Now that I've listened to the show for quite a few months, I definitely wanted to take the opportunity to check it out since they were here at the popular beach bar "The Wave House" last night for today's show.

I don't need to bore you with the details a radio show that you may or may not have heard, but know this. I am going to somehow, get on that radio show! Last night, I was watching these guys go about entertaining not only a live audience, but everybody else out there in radio land, and I decided I would be a great addition to their team!

I know what you're thinking. "Arun, when are you going to stop these hair-brained schemes and adventures of yours and just give it a rest!"

Never. I like to make life as interesting as possible, and if getting on the Adam Carolla Show is part of the plan, then so be it!

My plan? Well, I don't really have a plan yet per say, but they do have quite a cast of unusual guests that appear on the show, and I'm thinking that "Bapo Gupta: Beffudled Indian" would be both popular and hilarious. Stay tuned on this developing adventure!

No comments: