Arun is Bringing You...Your Daily Remedy

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Celtic-American Idol

I used to be an avid watcher of American Idol. Afterall, I love singing and have long maintained that if I ever tried out, I'd be immediately inducted into the American Idol Hall of Fame of Awesomeness. As a challenge seeking individual however, I've decided to pursue more difficult paths to Fame and Fortune :)

Recently though, the show has kind of worn on me, and the last couple of years I've lost interest. Honestly, how many times do I need to hear a progressively worse version of "Unchained Melody?" Sure it makes for good TV to watch people embarrass themselves, but honestly, the level of badness has started to irritate the hell out of me.



And it's not only the level of suckiness, but the LENGTH of suckiness. It wouldn't be so irritating if they just shut the contestant up after a few seconds, but they let them grind on for ages!

Sure the show has it's fair share of good singers, but honestly, a lot of people in my high school choir sang better.

So of course last night, San Diego night, I missed the show. Driving to work this morning, I heard on the radio that my beloved Carly Hennessy made it to Hollywood! For those of you who don't know, Carly Hennessy is/was the Saturday night entertainment at my favorite irish pub in San Diego, The Field. This also happens to be the location of one of my more memorable snafu's.

Me and all of my friends are pretty much in love with this Irish singing sensation. She's awesomely talented, she has these sexy tattoos on her arm, she's Irish, and she and her guitar ripping band mate tear the house down! Apparently she's now changed her last name to her *cough* husband's *cough* last name of 'Smithson'. If only I'd convinced her the first time we chatted, to make the obvious choice of leaving her husband for a supreme bad-ass like me...(Ok, OK....FINE!.....maybe the title "supreme bad-ass" is a tiny bit of a stretch).

So now I have a bit of an excuse to watch the show later on and root for someone. By the way, if you're the owner of The Field, and are reading this article because you've received approximately 57 emails containing a link to this post, it just so happens I'm available Saturday nights and have been known to bust a note or two :)

No comments: